Designers Speak (Up) Fundraising Editions
From October–November 2019, Enjoy hosted the final iteration of Present Tense : Wāhine Toi Aotearoa, a touring exhibition of posters by more than 100 women and non-binary designers, generated through an open call by Designers Speak (Up).
Founded by designer and typographer Catherine Griffiths, Designers Speak (Up) began in 2018 as a response to the Designers Institute of New Zealand’s ongoing failure to recognise women’s contributions to and achievements within the design landscape in Aotearoa New Zealand. Since then, the initiative has strived to be an “open platform for Aotearoa New Zealand designers to have a voice.”
To help fundraise for Designers Speak (Up) to continue their work to highlight the voices of women and non-binary designers working in Aotearoa, Enjoy is selling the exhibition editions of 12 posters featured in Present Tense : Wāhine Toi Aotearoa.
Available posters include:
- Sonya Lacey, Float, 2019
- Sarah Maxey, Her heavy heart, 2019
- Katie Kerr, Strength Without a Fist, 2019
- Pipi Press, How to fell a tree, 2019
- Nell May, Attention! I’m Red, 2019
- Kyra Ta-Waka Clarke, Te Wai O Te Taniwha, 2019
- Fiona Jack, Figure 2.2, 2019
- Ella Sutherland, Bad Posture, 2019
- Elisapeta Hinemoa Hera, e hine e, 2019
- Anna Wilkinson, Torn, 2019
- Alessandra Banal (Archi), Aray ko, 2019
- ĀKAU Wāhine, Mana Wahine, mai i a Ranginui ki a Paratūānuku–te whenua ki te moana, 2019
Please specify which poster you would like to purchase in the comment section at the check out.
To view the individual posters in more detail, head to the Designers Speak (Up) website.
All proceeds from the sale of these posters go directly to Designers Speak (Up).
Silk-screen printed using Permaset inks, and Colourplan Ebony 175 gsm/Bright Red 135 gsm dinated by Papersource
A1 portrait, 594 x 841 mm
Posters $75 including shipping within New Zealand